features & Scope
- Oct 15 2016 , Premiere of Melharmony Foundation NAME & NAMHO Orchestras, Chicago , Melody, Harmony, Melharmony Concert at Chicago SAPNA Festival ...Read More
- Jul 27 2016 , WCO-Ravikiran Concert on the Square, Madison , "Concert on the Madison Square" features Ravikiran's solo & Melharmonic arrangements of Muttuswami Dikshitar compositions played by Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra...Read More
- Jul 23 2016 , Wisconsin Summer Workshop, Madison , Workshops for students of Western Classical, Indian Carnatic/Hindustani, Jazz and other systems on Melody, Harmony & Melharmony by Ravikiran in Madison ...Read More
Robert Morris notes that "Melharmony suggests that voice leading should be derived from the melodic and combinational structure of a given mode". While seemingly challenging, the melharmonic approach actually offers enormous scope to explore unchartered territories in the world of harmony. (See Video)
- Melharmony is a sophisticated and organised approach with comprehensible, context-specific rules that can be understood rationally and applied consistently to any well-defined melodic system of music.
- Creates colourful textures and new tones to pure melodic pieces.
- Melharmony shows sensitivity to the rules and aesthetics of the melodic system by ensuring that not only the main melody but also each chord & counterpoint conform to melodic rules