- Oct 15 2016 , Premiere of Melharmony Foundation NAME & NAMHO Orchestras, Chicago , Melody, Harmony, Melharmony Concert at Chicago SAPNA Festival ...Read More
- Jul 27 2016 , WCO-Ravikiran Concert on the Square, Madison , "Concert on the Madison Square" features Ravikiran's solo & Melharmonic arrangements of Muttuswami Dikshitar compositions played by Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra...Read More
- Jul 23 2016 , Wisconsin Summer Workshop, Madison , Workshops for students of Western Classical, Indian Carnatic/Hindustani, Jazz and other systems on Melody, Harmony & Melharmony by Ravikiran in Madison ...Read More
The Melharmony Foundation is a registered not-for-profit organisation in USA ( (FEIN no: 47-4251277)). Since it has been granted the 501 c (3) status by the IRS, all patrons, donors and sponsors of the Melharmony Foundation will enjoy Tax Benefits. The Foundation seeks the wholehearted support of all enthusiasts of Western, Indian, Jazz, Rock and other systems of world music as well as culture lovers for successful implementation of its various aims as outlined below as well as its current activities including its proposed world class orchestras.
To stimulate and catalyse the growth and development of the concept of melharmony and facilitate the synergy between melodic and harmonic approaches by commissioning and/or supporting original compositions and arrangements, organising concerts and festivals, creating collaborations between composers and artists of diverse systems, supporting research in the field, conducting courses, camps and workshops and creating content (audio/visual/print/electronic publications and productions).
- To stimulate the continued growth and development of a strong theoretical framework for melharmony that enables composers and musicians from any part of the world to create melharmonic works..
- To invite, encourage and support composers from diverse genres to create new melharmonic works.
- To introduce works of the master melody composers in various schools and colleges, through original/Melharmonically re-arranged pieces for orchestras and ensembles.
- To create, train and sustain the North American Melharmonic Orchestra (NAMO) with professional artists & North American Melharmonic Honours Orchestra (NAMHO) with talented students and give them concert opportunities across North America and other parts of the world.
Performances, Festivals, Seminars & Research:
- Conduct multi-culture, multi-composer Melharmony Festivals showcasing the brilliant contributions of contemporary composers of both melody and harmony such as Oottukkadu Venkata Kavi-Bach, Tyagaraja-Mozart, Dikshitar-Beethoven in various cities, bringing together diverse artists, orchestras, scholars, students and listeners.
- Conduct seminars on melharmony or involving scholars of both melody and harmony
- Support presentation of melharmony lectures/papers in relevant conferences in various parts of the world
- Encourage theoretical research in Melharmony with respect to exploring new Western Classical / Jazz or other style harmonies centered on evolved melodic systems from any part of the world
- Support presentation of publications and scholarly articles on Melharmony in academic conferences and musical journal.
Exposure, Education & Engagement:
- Bring in renowned artistes for residencies/performances specially designed for young audiences and students & enable them expand their musical horizons and knowledge of various genres and cultures.
- Propagate aural learning of advanced concepts for students of all levels via music through original compositions.-
- Showcase similarities between such a diverse systems, that can lead to a positive appreciation of the contrasts between them.
- To highlight sophisticated melodic concepts to audiences used to harmony through compositions and arrangements.
- To provide grants and scholarships to students and composers with potential
- To conduct competitions and award prizes and scholarships to talented Melharmony solo/ensemble performers.
- Connect K-12 students with the local community through partnerships with other schools and art organizations.