School Orchestras & Youth Symphonies
- Oct 15 2016 , Premiere of Melharmony Foundation NAME & NAMHO Orchestras, Chicago , Melody, Harmony, Melharmony Concert at Chicago SAPNA Festival ...Read More
- Jul 27 2016 , WCO-Ravikiran Concert on the Square, Madison , "Concert on the Madison Square" features Ravikiran's solo & Melharmonic arrangements of Muttuswami Dikshitar compositions played by Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra...Read More
- Jul 23 2016 , Wisconsin Summer Workshop, Madison , Workshops for students of Western Classical, Indian Carnatic/Hindustani, Jazz and other systems on Melody, Harmony & Melharmony by Ravikiran in Madison ...Read More
A significant part of the Melharmony project is taking it to students right from the Middle School to Youth Symphony Levels.
A number of Orchestras and smaller ensembles have presented specially composed melharmonic pieces and found it to be highly exciting and enriching (See video with concert excerpts, media clips as well as reactions of both students and orchestra directors). Apart from regular or special "Perform with the Composer" shows by the orchestras featuring melharmonic repertoire, such projects could also include residencies and lecture-demos by the featured composer.
How does it work?
- Typically the scores as well as audio of the pieces are sent to the Orchestra Director several months in advance who rehearses with the orchestra.
- Occasional rehearsals by the orchestras with the audios have often proved to significantly enhance the overall perception of the music, apart from typical rehearsals with only scores.
- The composer/soloist attends rehearsals a day or two before the actual performance as required.
- On occasions, interim rehearsals have also been scheduled for the orchestra with the composer remotely over Skype or Hangouts, if the Orchestra Conductor desires so.
- Rehearsals are often augmented by interactive sessions on basics of melharmony, interesting rhythmic concepts as well as invigorating Q & A sessions between the composer and members of the orchestra.